Basics: Adding an Item (Document File) to the Course
Before adding items to Blackboard, a Content Area needs to be created. See Related Articles for directions.
- Hover over Build Content and select Item.
- On the Create Item page, type a Name.
- Instructions may be typed into the text box.
- Add documents in the Attachments section. Attach a file using one of the following options.
- To upload a file from the computer, click Browse My Computer. Any files you upload from the computer are saved in Content Collection in the course folder.
- To access previously uploaded files to the course, click Browse Content Collection.
- Select the Options:
- Click Yes to Permit Users to View this Content.
- Click Yes to Track Number of Views.
- Select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Display restrictions do not affect item availability, only when it appears.
- Click Submit.
Do not add media files in this manner. See Related Articles for information on adding Media files.